10 Reasons to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest free standing mountain, a mountain so popular and known to many as “everyman’s Everest”. Mount Kilimanjaro is one of the most visited safari destinations in Tanzania, giving travelers after some bit of challenge and adventure a satisfactory experience, with over 40000 climbers taking on the Kilimanjaro Mountain every single year. Conquering one of the most record-breaking mountains in the world is a dream come true to many who do venture into climbing the Kilimanjaro Mountain. Are you looking for your next adventure? Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania should be on your next to do list. Below are the top 10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the easiest to climb of the Seven Summits. Mount Kilimanjaro is considered by many as one of the easiest to climb of the Seven Summits on the world, with even children as young as six years being able to summit Mount Kilimanjaro, as well as old persons with a record of an 89 year old being the oldest person to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. This however does not exonerate the fact that Mount Kilimanjaro is not risk-free, with rockslides and acute altitude sickness being the cause of averagely 10 people perishing, every year.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa, and the highest free standing mountain in the world. Who wouldn’t want to be one of the few people in the world to have climbed the world’s tallest free standing mountain as well as the highest mountain in Africa? This fact alone is one of the 10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Some of the most fascinating animals in Tanzania can be seen whilst climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, making it one of the reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro hosts about 140 mammal species, 25 carnivores and an array of bird species, with most animals seen in the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. Some of the animals in Mount Kilimanjaro National Park that you may see while climbing Mount Kilimanjaro include elands, rhinos, bush babies, blue monkeys, duikers, leopards, buffaloes, lions among so many others.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is located in the northern part of Tanzania, and is both remote and accessible, making it one of the best and easy to access mountains. Travelers can have flights to Kilimanjaro airport, and the roads are also in good condition. The infrastructure around Mount Kilimanjaro is also good with good hotels and lodges, as well as descent enough huts on the mountain which travelers can use to stay in while climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- The Kilimanjaro Mountain is one of the world’s natural wonders, with a snow caped mountain even if crossed by the equator, has an ocean of green forest surrounded by dry savannah plains. It is for this reason that most find climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to be like a walk from the equator to the North Pole, with dramatic changes of vegetation along the way and animal sightings.
- Personal accomplishment is one of the top 10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. People who do embark on summiting Mount Kilimanjaro do find a sense of accomplishment when they do so, and more so when they successfully conquer the highest mountain in Africa and the highest free standing mountain in the world. Some people do climb Mount Kilimanjaro to mark important aspects of their life like marriage, retirement, reaching a certain age, among so many others.
- Meeting like-minded people is one of the 10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. It is not everyday cup of tea for one to take the step of courage to conquer the highest mountain in Africa and the highest free standing mountain in the world. Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro shall see you meeting like-minded people with a sense of adventure just like yours. It is a great way to actually meet new people.
- One of the 10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro is to draw attention to a worthy cause. Some people do embark on climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to draw attention to a worthy cause in society or charity say to raise awareness or raise money for autistic children, under-privileged children, among others. Persons with disabilities have been known to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to demonstrate courage and limitlessness despite being incapacitated.
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro contributes greatly to the economy of Tanzania and is a source of income to a number of people. Guides, porters, cooks, food producers, hotel staff, among others all get a source of income from when you do embark on climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is also well maintained, with well-marked roads and trails, with a variety of great quality climbing gear, always present and professional rangers and guides, porters and the rest all doing a great job at keeping the mountain well maintained and offering one of the best mountain climbing experiences.
Still wondering why you should climb mountain Kilimanjaro? The above 10 reasons to climb Mount Kilimanjaro should be able to help you decide to embark on a mountain climbing safari to the Kilimanjaro Mountain. Take time to get in touch with a reputable tour operator to help you pitch together an amazing Mount Kilimanjaro trekking safari.