Experience Camel Ridding on the Northern Circuit of Tanzania : Camels are not one of the most popular pastimes, so there are only a few establishments that offer professional camel rides. It will be easy for the more experienced riders that visit these locations because they only need a small guide on the trials and routes. Camel riding is a fantastic experience to have while on a Tanzania safari because it allows you to explore the sceneries, greenery, and get closer to the wildlife. Camels are not one of the most popular pastimes, so there are only a few establishments that offer professional camel rides. It will be easy for the more experienced riders that visit these locations because they only need a small guide on the trials and routes. Camel riding is a fantastic experience to have while on a Tanzania safari because it allows you to explore the sceneries, greenery, and get closer to the wildlife.
In the early 1990s, camels were imported to Tanzania by Somali descendants, who transported roughly 20 camels. They traveled to Tanzania to give camel rides, but he failed to disclose that it was a company, and when the government found out and demanded tax, he fled, leaving the camels behind. The tax authority decided to include the camel in the poverty-eradication program, and there are now approximately 400 camels living in Tanzania, descended from the original 20 camels.
The first and the best camel experience you can get after dropping off from Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) is Camel riding with the Maasai of Mkuru in west Kilimanjaro. Ride a camel through the beautiful savannah, which is home to wild animals such as pronghorns, zebras, giraffes, and ostriches. Camel riding in this area is more than just camel riding; social visits to nearby Maasai settlements provide an opportunity to meet the Maasai people and learn about their unique way of life. Camel rides begin here in Mkuru and go all the way to the cavern, which is popular among the Maasai and is also home to more than 300 monkeys in the evening. Camels on the west side of Kilimanjaro can be ridden for hours or up to seven days. They camel riding in this space is under the Mkuru Camel bunch (MCG), which presently claims around 20 camels altogether. The primary goal of this venture is to work on the expectations for everyday comforts of individuals found around this region through the expense that is being paid by the sightseers, subsequently it assist them with creating and manage the cost of various social administrations around these area. On the camel freeing in the west Kilimanjaro the accompanying exercises can occur.
- Allow the camels to lead you to the nearby Maasai school that are found around this area of west Kilimanjaro. The aide will lead you towards the nearby school to meet the educators and understudies, become familiar with certain things about the schooling system of Tanzania. Additionally have a period with understudies and hear various tales about the Maasai people group and their fighters.
- Go through a day at the nearby Maasai social exercises( learning the customary medication )
Meet Mzee Elias who is the conventional healer from the Maasai people group and he is one hour away by involving the camel as the vehicle to his place. Get an opportunity to learn different plant species and how they mend various illnesses, he likewise draws in individuals from the adjoining districts because of his capacity and information on drugs.
- The mandrill cave safari, the primate cave is the wonderful encompassing that has the historical backdrop of its own. A cavern has many primates during the evening. This cavern also is where the Maasai people group love and proposition their penances here at the specific time of year as the method of thanks giving after reap. The stay in this camp for not many month they accompany cows and goats to eat during their visit. They just eat meat and are not permitted to hydrate, you will likewise see the region which the butchering is regularly done in the cavern and furthermore visit the region they camp and snooze. These gala are just finished by the gathering of men and young men while the Maasai women stay at home and deal with their families.
- Climbing the Oldonyo lengai with camels and partake in the all-encompassing perspectives on the Mount Meru and mount Kilimanjaro, the perspective on the Momella lake is inhale taking as it looks so green because of the reflection from the close to timberland. It’s precarious strolling however its commendable it because of the most remunerating sees that will make you not lament by any means.
- Burn through two evenings from Mkuru camp towards the Longido town, the wild scene will unfurl before your eyes as you move from the Mkuru camp towards the Longido town as you will go through the encompassing fields. En route you will glace a sight to various creatures like zebra, giraffes, ostriches and a wide range of bird species. The camels will likewise assist with conveying your heaps as it is the 3 days trip towards this town. You will rest in the remote camps and burn through two evenings in shrubberies prior to showing up in this town and at the early afternoon that is the point at which you will reach at this spot.
Explore the slopes of Mount Meru while riding on the back of a camel, and enjoy the trip as the wind caresses your face, filling your heart with joy and fulfillment. Enjoy the splendor of wildlife, birds, and waterfalls as you ride through the mountain Meru forest. Back-ride a camel through Africa’s savannah region, either with a friend or alone if you want. Enjoy the stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro, Meru, and Oldonyo Lengai as they rise above the horizon. Tour Maasai families and try a cup of camel milk on your visit to the Maasai people, who will cordially welcome you into their homes. The rocky terrains and different scenery will entice you to visit.
Meserani Snake Park located at Arusha Region is home to Tanzanian reptiles such as snakes and other reptiles. On a visit to this park, you will not only be able to ride camels but also have the opportunity to meet and learn about the reptiles. Riding camels here differs from west Kilimanjaro in that it is usually done for a brief period of time, such as 30 minutes to a Maasai town, for a few dollars.
Camels riding provides you with wonderful memories of the beauty of Tanzania’s countryside, as well as the culture of Tanzania’s famous tribes and other cultural activities. It will astound you to learn how camels are milked, as it can never be done with just ordinary people.